When you use Sportnatic, you trust us with your personal data. We’re committed to keeping that trust. That starts with helping you understand our privacy practices.
This notice describes the personal data we collect, how it’s used and shared, and your choices regarding this data. We recommend that you read this, which highlights key points about our privacy practices.
Effective date: November 18, 2019
This notice applies to users of Sportnatic’s services anywhere in the world, including users of Sportnatic’s apps, websites, features, or other services.
This notice describes how Sportnatic and its affiliates collect and use personal data. This notice applies to all users of our apps, websites, features, or other services anywhere in the world.
This notice specifically applies to:
- Fans and Users: individuals who request or receive lessons, including those who receive lessons requested by another individual.
- Professionals: individuals who provide are highly recognized in the sports they specifically focus on and are able to teach their skills through classes and lessons.
This notice also governs Sportnatic’s other collections of personal data in connection with Sportnatic’s services. For example, we may collect the contact information of individuals who use accounts owned by Sportnatic for Business customers, or we may collect other personal data in connection with our mapping technology and features.
All those subject to this notice are referred to as “users” in this notice.
Our data practices are subject to applicable laws in the places in which we operate. This means that we engage in the practices described in this notice in a particular country or region only if permitted under the laws of those places. Please contact us through our website or through the addresses below with any questions regarding our practices in a particular country or region.
Sportnatic Tech Inc. is the data controller for the personal data collected in connection with the use of Sportnatic’s services anywhere in the world. We process personal data inside and outside of the United States. The personal data of users outside the United States is transferred on the basis of mechanisms approved under applicable laws, such as the Standard Contractual Clauses.
Questions, comments, and complaints about Sportnatic’s data practices can be submitted by contacting us through our website.
III. Data collections and uses
- The data we collect
- Data provided by users to Sportnatic, such as during account creation
- Data created during use of our services, such as location, app usage, and device data
- Data from other sources, such as Sportnatic partners and third parties that use Sportnatic APIs
The following data is collected by or on behalf of Sportnatic:
- Data provided by users. This includes:
- User profile: We collect data when users create or update their Sportnatic accounts. This may include their name, email, phone number, login name and password, address, profile picture, payment or banking information (including related payment verification information), government identification documents, birthdate, signature, and photo.
- Demographic data: We may collect demographic data about users, including through user surveys. In some countries, we may also receive demographic data about users from third parties.
- User content: We collect information users submit when they contact Sportnatic customer support, provide ratings or compliments for other users or otherwise contact Sportnatic. This may include feedback, photographs or other recordings collected by users.
- Data created during use of our services. This includes:
- Location data: We collect precise or approximate location data from a user’s mobile device if enabled by the user to do so. In certain regions (which do not include the European Union), Sportnatic may also collect this data when the Sportnatic app is running in the background of the user’s mobile device. A user who has not enabled location data collection will have to manually enter their address.
- Transaction information: We collect transaction information related to the use of our services, including the type of services requested or provided, order details, order information, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, time played, and payment method. Additionally, if someone uses your promotion code, we may associate your name with that person.
- Usage data: We collect data about how users interact with our services. This includes data such as access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and third-party sites or services used before interacting with our services. In some cases, we collect this data through cookies, pixels, tags, and similar tracking technologies that create and maintain unique identifiers.
- Device data: We may collect data about the devices used to access our services, including the hardware models, device IP address, operating systems and versions, software, preferred languages, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion data, and mobile network data.
- Communications data: We enable users to communicate with each other and Sportnatic through Sportnatic’s mobile apps and websites. For example, we enable users, to call, text, or send other files to each other (generally without disclosing their telephone numbers to each other). To provide this service, Sportnatic receives some data regarding the calls, texts, or other communications, including the date and time of the communications and the content of the communications. Sportnatic may also use this data for customer support services (including to resolve disputes between users), for safety and security purposes, to improve our products and services, and for analytics.
- Data from other sources. This includes:
- User feedback, such as ratings, feedback, or compliments.
- Users participating in our referral programs. For example, when a user refers another person, we receive the referred person’s personal data from that user.
- Sportnatic account owners who request services for or on behalf of other users, or who enable such users to request or receive services through their accounts. This includes owners of Sportnatic for Business accounts.
- Users or others providing information in connection with claims or disputes.
- Sportnatic business partners through which users create or access their Sportnatic account, such as payment providers, social media services, or apps or websites that use Sportnatic’s APIs or whose APIs Sportnatic uses.
- Vendors who help us verify users’ identity, background information, and eligibility to work, for regulatory, safety, and security purposes.
- Publicly available sources.
- Marketing service providers.
Sportnatic may combine the data collected from these sources with other data in its possession.
B. How we use personal data
Sportnatic collects and uses data to enable reliable and convenient services. We also use the data we collect:
- To enhance the safety and security of our users and services
- For customer support
- For research and development
- To enable communications between users
- To send marketing and non-marketing communications to users
- In connection with legal proceedings
Sportnatic does not sell or share user personal data with third parties for their direct marketing, except with users’ consent.
Sportnatic uses the data it collects for purposes including:
- Providing services and features. Sportnatic uses the data we collect to provide, personalize, maintain, and improve our products and services.
This includes using the data to:
- Create and update users’ accounts.
- Verify users identity, background history, and eligibility to work.
- Offer, process, or facilitate payments for our services.
- Offer, obtain, provide, or facilitate insurance, invoicing, or financing solutions in connection with our services.
- Track and share the progress of services.
- Enable features that allow users to share information with other people, such as when users submit a compliment about a lesson, refer a friend to Sportnatic and split payment of services.
- Perform internal operations necessary to provide our services, including to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends.
- Safety and security. We use personal data to help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our services and users. This includes:
- Screening professionals before enabling their use of our services.
- Using device, location, profile, usage, and other data to prevent, detect, and combat fraud or unsafe activities.
- Using user ratings and feedback to encourage compliance with our Community Guidelines and as grounds for deactivating users with low ratings or who otherwise violated guidelines of Sportnatic.
- Customer support. Sportnatic uses the information we collect (including recordings of customer support calls with notice to and the consent of the user) to provide customer support, including to:
- Direct questions to the appropriate customer support person
- Investigate and address user concerns
- Monitor and improve our customer support responses and processes
- Research and development. We may use the data we collect for testing, research, analysis, product development, and machine learning to improve the user experience. This helps us to improve and enhance the safety and security of our services, improve our ability to prevent the use of our services for illegal or improper purposes, develop new features and products, and facilitate insurance and finance solutions in connection with our services.
- Enabling communications between users. For example, a fan may message or call a professional to confirm lesson location.
- Marketing. Sportnatic may use the data we collect to market our services to our users. This includes sending users communications about Sportnatic services, features, promotions, sweepstakes, studies, surveys, news, updates, and events.
We may also send communications to our users about products and services offered by Sportnatic partners. Although we may send users communications about Sportnatic partners’ products and services, we do not sell users’ personal data to, or share it with, such partners or others for purposes of their own direct marketing or advertising, except with users’ consent.
We may use the data we collect to personalize the marketing communications (including advertisements) that we send, including based on user location, past use of Sportnatic’s services, and user preferences and settings.
We may also send users communications regarding elections, ballots, referenda, and other political and notice processes that relate to our services. For example, Sportnatic has notified some users by email of ballot measures or pending legislation relating to the availability of Sportnatic’s services in those users’ areas.
- Non-marketing communications. Sportnatic may use the data we collect to generate and provide users with receipts; inform them of changes to our terms, services, or policies; or send other communications that aren’t for the purpose of marketing the services or products of Sportnatic or its partners.
- Legal proceedings and requirements. We may use the personal data we collect to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to use of Sportnatic’s services, or as otherwise allowed by applicable law, or as requested by regulators, government entities, and official inquiries.
- Automated decision-making
We use personal data to make automated decisions relating to use of our services. This includes:
- Enabling dynamic pricing, in which the price of a lesson is determined based on constantly varying factors such as the estimated time of the service and the number of users using Sportnatic at a given moment.
- Matching available pro’s to users requesting services. Users can be matched based on availability, proximity, and other factors.
- Deactivating users who are identified as having engaged in fraud or activities that may otherwise harm Sportnatic, its users, and others. In some cases, such as when a user is determined to be abusing Sportnatic’s referral program, such behavior may result in automatic deactivation.
- Using pro’s and users location information, and communications between them, to identify cancellation fees earned or induced through fraud.
- Cookies and third-party technologies
- Authenticating users
- Remembering user preferences and settings
- Determining the popularity of content
- Delivering and measuring the effectiveness of advertising campaigns
- Analyzing trends, and generally understanding the online behaviors and interests of people who interact with our services
- Data sharing and disclosure
Some of Sportnatic’s products, services, and features require that we share data with other users or at a user’s request. We may also share data with our affiliates, subsidiaries, and partners, for legal reasons or in connection with claims or disputes.
Sportnatic may share the data we collect:
- With other users
This includes sharing:
- User’s who decide to participate in a group lesson.
- At the user’s request
This includes sharing data with:
- Other people at the user’s request. For example, we share a user’s service information and location with a friend when requested by that user, or a user’s service information when they split a service cost with a friend or group lesson.
- Sportnatic business partners. For example, if a user requests a service through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party, Sportnatic may share certain data with those third parties. This may include, for example, other services, platforms, apps or websites that integrate with our APIs; suppliers or services; those with an API or service with which we integrate; or other Sportnatic business partners and their users in connection with promotions, contests, or specialized services.
- With the general public
Questions or comments from users submitted through public forums such as Sportnatic blogs and Sportnatic social media pages may be viewable by the public, including any personal data included in the questions or comments submitted by a user.
- With Sportnatic subsidiaries and affiliates
We share data with our subsidiaries and affiliates to help us provide our services or conduct data processing on our behalf. For example, Sportnatic processes and stores data in the United States on behalf of its international subsidiaries and affiliates.
- With Sportnatic service providers and business partners
Sportnatic provides data to vendors, consultants, marketing partners, research firms, and other service providers or business partners. These include:
- Payment processors and facilitators
- Cloud storage providers
- Marketing partners and marketing platform providers, including social media advertising services
- Data analytics providers
- Research partners, including those performing surveys or research projects in partnership with Sportnatic or on Sportnatic’s behalf
- Vendors that assist Sportnatic to enhance the safety and security of its apps
- Consultants, lawyers, accountants, and other professional service providers
- Insurance and financing partners
- For legal reasons or in the event of a dispute
Sportnatic may share users’ personal data if we believe it’s required by applicable law, regulation, operating license or agreement, legal process or governmental request, or where the disclosure is otherwise appropriate due to safety or similar concerns. This includes sharing personal data with law enforcement officials, public health officials, other government authorities, or other third parties as necessary to enforce our Terms of Service, user agreements, or other policies; to protect Sportnatic’s rights or property or the rights, safety, or property of others; or in the event of a claim or dispute relating to the use of our services. If you use another person’s credit card, we may be required by law to share your personal data, including order information, with the owner of that credit card.
This also includes sharing personal data with others in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company.
- With consent
Sportnatic may share a user’s personal data other than as described in this notice if we notify the user and they consent to the sharing.
- Data retention and deletion
Sportnatic retains user profile, transaction, and other personal data for as long as a user maintains their Sportnatic account.
Sportnatic may retain certain user data after receiving an account deletion request if necessary, such as to comply with legal requirements.
Sportnatic retains user profile, transaction, and other information for as long as a user maintains their Sportnatic account.
Sportnatic may also retain certain information if necessary for purposes of safety, security, and fraud prevention. For example, if Sportnatic deactivates a user’s account because of unsafe behavior or security incidents, Sportnatic may retain certain information about that account to prevent that user from opening a new Sportnatic account in the future.
- Grounds for processing
We only collect and use personal data where we have lawful grounds to do so. These include processing user personal data to provide requested services and features, for purposes of Sportnatic’s legitimate interests or those of other parties, to fulfill our legal obligations, or based on consent.
We collect and use personal data only where we have one or more lawful grounds for doing so. Such grounds may vary depending on where our users are located, but generally include processing personal data:
- To provide requested services and features
In order to provide our services, we must collect and use certain personal data. This includes:
- User profile data, which we use to establish and maintain user accounts; verify user identity; communicate with users about their services, orders, and accounts; and enable users to make payments or receive earnings
- Usage data, which is necessary to maintain, optimize, and enhance Sportnatic’s services, including to determine incentives and connect users
- Transaction information
- Information relating to customer support
- For purposes of the legitimate interests of Sportnatic or other parties
This includes using personal data to maintain and enhance our users’ safety and security. For example, we use personal data to prevent use of our services by users who have engaged in inappropriate or dangerous behavior, such as by retaining data of banned users to prevent their use of Sportnatic’s apps.
This also includes purposes such as combating fraud; improving our services, direct marketing, research, and development; and enforcing Sportnatic’s Terms of Service.
In addition, it includes using personal data to the extent necessary for the interests of other people or the general public, such as in connection with legal and to protect the rights and safety of others.
- To fulfill Sportnatic’s legal obligations
For example, Sportnatic is subject to laws and regulations in many cities and countries that require it to collect and retain data about our users’ services, and to provide copies of such data to the government or other authorities. We collect and use personal data to comply with such laws.
Sportnatic may also share data with law enforcement regarding criminal acts or threats to public safety, or requests by third parties pursuant to legal processes.
Sportnatic may collect and use personal data based on the user’s consent. For example, we may collect personal data through voluntary surveys. Responses to such surveys are collected on the basis of consent and will be deleted once no longer necessary for the purposes collected.
A user who has provided consent to a collection or use of their personal data can revoke it at any time. However, the user will not be able to use any service or feature that requires collection or use of that personal data.
- Choice and transparency
Sportnatic enables users to access and control the data that Sportnatic collects, including through:
- In-app settings
- Device permissions
- In-app ratings pages
- Marketing opt-outs
Sportnatic also enables users to request access to or copies of their data, changes or updates to their accounts, deletion of their accounts, or that Sportnatic restrict its processing of user personal data.
- Privacy settings
Settings menus in the Sportnatic app for users give them the ability to set or update their location-sharing preferences and their preferences for receiving mobile notifications from Sportnatic. Information about these settings, how to set or change these settings, and the effect of turning off these settings is described below.
- Location data
Sportnatic uses users device location services to make it easier to get a service whenever one is looking to book a service. Location data helps improve our services, including nearby locations to exercise the service, navigation, and customer support.
Users may enable or disable Sportnatic to collect location data from their mobile devices through the Settings > Privacy menus in the Sportnatic app.
- Notifications: discounts and news
Users may enable Sportnatic to send push notifications about discounts and news from Sportnatic. Push notifications may be enabled or disabled through the Settings > Privacy menus in the Sportnatic app.
- Device permissions
Most mobile device platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without the device owner’s permission, and these platforms have different methods for how that permission can be obtained. iOS devices notify users the first time the Sportnatic app requests permission to access certain types of data and gives users the option to grant or refuse permission. Android devices notify users of the permissions that the Sportnatic app seeks before their first use of the app, and use of the app constitutes a grant of such permission.
- Ratings look-up
After every service, users are able to rate each other on a scale from 1 to 5. An average of those ratings is associated with a user’s account and is displayed to other users for whom they provide or receive services.
This 2-way system holds everyone accountable for their behavior. Accountability helps create a respectful, safe environment for the users.
- Marketing opt-outs
Users may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Sportnatic. Users may also opt out of receiving emails and other messages from Sportnatic by following the unsubscribe instructions in those messages. We may still send users who have opted out non-promotional communications, such as receipts for services or information about their account.
- User data requests
Sportnatic provides users with a variety of ways to learn about, control, and submit questions and comments about Sportnatic’s handling of their data. To make a request, please go here.
- Accessing data: Users can ask for an explanation of the data we collect from them and how we use it.
- Receiving data: Users can ask for a copy of data that Sportnatic collects from them with their consent or as necessary to provide our services.
- Changing or updating data: Users can edit the name, phone number, email address, payment method, and photo associated with their account through the Settings menu in Sportnatic’s app. They may also ask that Sportnatic change or update their data, including if they believe such data is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Deleting data: Users may request deletion of their account at any time through the Settings > Privacy menus in the Sportnatic app, or through Sportnatic’s website
- Objections, restrictions, and complaints: Users may request that we stop using all or some of their personal data, or that we limit our use of their data. Sportnatic may continue to process data after such objection or request to the extent required or permitted by law.
In addition, depending on their location, users may have the right to file a complaint relating to Sportnatic’s handling of their personal data with the data protection authority in their country. For example, users in the European Union and South America may submit such requests to the data protection authorities in the country in which they live.
V. Updates to this notice
We may occasionally update this notice. Use of our services after an update constitutes consent to the updated notice to the extent permitted by law.
We may occasionally update this notice. If we make significant changes, we will notify users in advance of the changes through the Sportnatic apps or through other means, such as email. We encourage users to periodically review this notice for the latest information on our privacy practices. After such notice, use of our services by users in countries outside the European Union will be understood as consent to the updates to the extent permitted by law